Friday is finally upon us, which means two things: The weekend is nearly here, and the Atlanta Falcons and Los Angeles Chargers held their final day of practice for the week. There are a lot of key players that have been ruled out for this game, which is certainly going to make things interesting on Sunday.
You can expect to see the injury reports here every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- S Jaylinn Hawkins (concussion)
- OL Chuma Edoga (personal)
- S Erik Harris (ankle) QUESTIONABLE
- CB AJ Terrell (hamstring) OUT
- LG Elijah Wilkinson (knee) OUT
- WR Joshua Palmer (concussion)
- RB Austin Ekeler (abdomen)
- WR DeAndre Carter (illness) QUESTIONABLE
- OL Brenden James (quadricep) QUESTIONABLE
- DL Jerry Tillery (back) OUT
- LB Amen Ogbongbemiga (groin) QUESTIONABLE
- WR Keenan Allen (hamstring) OUT
- K Dustin Hopkins (hamstring) OUT
- LB Chris Rumph II (knee) OUT
- WR Mike Williams (ankle) OUT
- TE Donald Parham Jr. (concussion) OUT
There was no real surprises for the Falcons on Friday. A.J. Terrell, who was previously labeled as ‘week-to-week,’ will miss his second straight game due to a hamstring injury. Elijah Wilkinson, who has done well at left guard for the Falcons, will miss Sunday’s game.
In his place, expect to see either Colby Gossett or center Matt Hennessy, who took first-team reps at the spot this week. Popping up on the injury report on Friday was safety Erik Harris, who is questionable to play due to an ankle injury.
There’s a possibility that the Falcons may get Cordarrelle Patterson back on Sunday. The team has yet to make a decision on his status for Week 9, and a decision will be made on Saturday.
For the Chargers, it’s not looking good. Starting wide receivers Keenan Allen and Mike Williams have both been ruled out of Sunday’s matchup. Additionally, the team’s kicker, Dustin Hopkins, has been ruled out due to a hamstring injury.