When the Falcons took Kyle Pitts at 4 in the 2021 draft, there was a sense that the team could potentially field a very dangerous offense as soon as this year. Some additional picks for the offensive line showed a commitment to fortifying the offense as much as possible, even if it may take some time for those investments to pay off.
So, can they do it? Can this offense be potent in 2021? We discuss this and hand out positional grades in our latest podcast with Jeanna Thomas, Matt Chambers and me.
- Being mostly comfortable with Matt Ryan, but having hesitation due to yet another offensive scheme change
- The backup QBs and why no one feels good about these guys if Ryan goes down
- The relative optimism about the running backs, even if there’s not a “Derrick Henry” on this team
- Looking forward to the combo of Kyle Pitts and Hayden Hurst and why you should never take fantasy advice from me (seriously, don’t ever)
- The dangerous falloff in quality after receivers Calvin Ridley and Russell Gage
- The numerous questions around the offensive line
- So much more
As always, you can find the podcast wherever fine podcasts are available or you can listen below:
If you aren’t yet subscribed, now would be a good time to do so: Click the link on your platform of choice to subscribe: