We are now officially a week away from the start of the 2021 NFL regular season and roughly 10 days away from the Atlanta Falcons first game. With that, your thoughts might turn to the cosmetic side of things. What uniform will they wear every week? Well, we now have an idea.
On Thursday morning, the team revealed what jerseys they will dawn during the 2021 regular season. The only thing we don’t know is what pants will be worn, as that will likely be a weekly announcement as it was last year.
2021 Jersey Schedule
- Week 1 vs. Philadelphia Eagles — White
- Week 2 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Black
- Week 3 at New York Giants — White
- Week 4 vs. Washington Football Team — Black
- Week 5 vs. New York Jets (London) — “Rise Up” Gradient
- Week 6: BYE WEEK
- Week 7 at Miami Dolphins — Black
- Week 8 vs. Carolina Panthers — Black
- Week 9 at New Orleans Saints — White
- Week 10 at Dallas Cowboys — Black
- Week 11 vs. New England Patriots (Thursday Night Football) — Throwback
- Week 12 at Jacksonville Jaguars — White
- Week 13 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Black
- Week 14 at Carolina Panthers — White
- Week 15 at San Francisco 49ers — White
- Week 16 vs. Detroit Lions — Throwback
- Week 17 at Buffalo Bills — White
- Week 18 vs. New Orleans Saints — Black
As mentioned above, this is just a look at what tops the team will wear every week as the pants will be revealed throughout the season. In the season opener against the Eagles, fans will get to see the road white jerseys at home. If you were hoping to see that infamous “Rise Up” gradient uniforms in person, you better book a plane ticket to London, as the team will wear those across the pond in Week 5 against the New York Jets. Additionally, there will be two weeks where the team will use their throwback uniforms, a personal favorite of mine, in Week 11 on Thursday Night Football against the Patriots and Week 16 against the Lions. Both are home games.
I will be interested to see the pants combinations throughout the season, and see if they ever use the red pants which were displayed when the team revealed the new uniforms last year. We’ve yet to see them used in a game, and the black stripe down the side of them doesn’t match up with any jersey combination, so we shall see.