The Atlanta Falcons need to sign their rookie draft class but they currently are unable to do so. With under 500k in cap space (depending on who you ask), they probably can’t even sign their late rounders, much less someone like Kyle Pitts. If you want to know why there is talk around trading Julio Jones, this is a key reason.
On that note, Will McFadden and I jumped onto a podcast to talk about the specifics of such a trade and why it’s probably not just smoke.
- Why would the Falcons even consider this if they are supposedly in “win now” mode?
- What, if any, alternatives may be available to them
- Reasons why a move is likely to happen very early in June, no matter what it is
- How Grady Jarrett factors into this equation
- The sad reality of NFL careers - the longer you play, the less likely you’ll finish with the team that drafted you
- So much more...
As always, you can find the podcast wherever fine podcasts are available or you can listen below:
If you aren’t yet subscribed, now would be a good time to do so: Click the link on your platform of choice to subscribe: