The Falcoholic podcast is back with a special guest this week: new ESPN reporter for the Atlanta Falcons, Mike Rothstein. He joined Jeanna, Dave Choate and I to talk about a wide variety of topics and to introduce himself to the Falcons fanbase.
Mike enters his new role after the tragic death of former ESPN reporter Vaughn McClure, a friend of his dating back before their shared time at ESPN. Mike shares a little about his story, his appreciation for Vaughn, his time spent in Detroit covering the Lions, and how he has now landed in Atlanta.
- Mike’s background and his recent years covering the Lions and why the Detroit and Atlanta fanbases have some similarities
- The friendship of Matthew Stafford and Matt Ryan and how their career arcs are quite similar
- His initial thoughts on Terry Fontenot and Arthur Smith and the job they’ve done thus far
- Why Kyle Pitts could make a ton of sense as the Falcons pick at 4
- His opinion for what Fontenot should do with that first round pick if the option is available
- So much more
Mike was a great guest on the podcast and we’re looking forward to having him on again in the future.
If you’re interested in learning more about - or supporting - the Vaughn McClure Foundation, you can find those details here.
As always, you can find the podcast wherever fine podcasts are available or you can listen below:
If you aren’t yet subscribed, now would be a good time to do so: Click the link on your platform of choice to subscribe: