Friday is upon us, as the Atlanta Falcons and San Francisco 49ers both held their final practices of the week. We’ve been monitoring the health of both teams over the last few days, and Friday’s practice report always provides us with the best outlook on who may or may not suit up in that weekend’s game. Let’s take a look.
You can expect to see the injury reports here every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- DB Richie Grant (ankle)
- LB Adetokunbo Ogundeji (ankle)
- TE Hayden Hurst (illness)
- LB Dante Fowler Jr. (calf) QUESTIONABLE
- S Erik Harris (chest) OUT
- TE George Kittle (knee)
- S Jaquiski Tartt (glute) QUESTIONABLE
- CB Ambry Thomas (concussion) QUESTIONABLE
- LB Fred Warner (ankle)
- RB Elijah Mitchell (concussion, knee) OUT
- LB Azeez Al-Shaair (elbow) DOUBTFUL
- LB Dre Greenlaw (groin) OUT
- DL Maurice Hurst (calf) OUT
- DL D.J. Jones (knee) QUESTIONABLE
The Falcons got some slight good news on Friday as Dante Fowler Jr., who suffered a calf injury last Sunday which caused him to miss two practices this week, was upgraded to a limited participant. Fowler is being designated as questionable for Sunday’s game, so there’s an increased chance that he will play.
Erik Harris has been ruled out for Sunday’s game, although we already know that he has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a chest injury. Look for Harris to be placed on injured reserve sometime before Sunday. The team looks likely to have Grant, Ogundeji and Hurst back for Sunday, which should help their chances in a must-win game.
The 49ers will continue to be without running back Elijah Mitchell, who will miss his second-straight game due to a concussion and knee injury. Additionally, linebacker Dre Greenlaw and defensive lineman Maurice Hurst will both be inactive for Sunday’s matchup. Three 49ers, including corner Ambry Thomas, are listed as questionable to play against the Falcons.