Our ongoing podcast series reviewing the Thomas Dimitroff years for the Falcons continues today with his efforts in the 2016 season. This was arguably the best draft for the former GM along with an incredible set of savvy moves in free agency, including signing Alex Mack.
To examine this season, I was joined by Charles McDonald of ForTheWin at USA Today and formerly with the New York Daily News and SB Nation. We talked about the moves made by the GM and why this season was one of his best ever.
- The departure of guys like Roddy White and William Moore and why it was time
- The new contract for Ryan Schraeder
- Key free agent signings including Alex Mack, Mohamed Sanu and Taylor Gabriel
- The incredible 2016 draft class
- The controversy over drafting Keanu Neal in the first and how it has played out
- Drafting Deion Jones and Austin Hooper and their impact on the team
- So much more
As mentioned in the podcast, you can read Charles interview with former Falcons head coach Dan Quinn here.
If you’re interested in catching up with prior entries in the series, you can find links to them below.
As always, you can find the podcast wherever fine podcasts are available or you can listen below:
If you aren’t yet subscribed, now would be a good time to do so: Click the link on your platform of choice to subscribe: