The 7-9 Falcons are definitely not going to the Super Bowl, but they’ll have a presence in Miami nonetheless. Lowe’s is doing an activation called Lowe’s Hometown featuring custom NFL-themed homes for each team, including the Falcons.
The Falcons’ “Dirty Birdhouse” features a birdhouse surrounded by Georgia peach trees.
The Panthers get Sir Purr’s Palace, which will merge a panther’s natural habitat with a throne to represent Charlotte, the Queen City. The palmetto and pine are a nod to the Panthers’ two-state fan base.
The Saints have a Bourbon Street-themed house with a French Quarter balcony and a nod to Mardi Gras in the colors used.
The Buccaneers have — obviously — a pirate ship. It’s a scaled-down version of the one at the stadium.
Here are the specifics, courtesy of Lowe’s:
- Each dwelling measures roughly 8 feet (high) x 8 feet (wide) x 8 feet (long)
- Each dwelling weighs approx. 400-500 lbs.
- More than six tons of Lowe’s Top Choice lumber were used in the construction of all the dwellings
- More than 200 gallons of Valspar paint and primer were used
- 8 semi-trucks will transport all the dwellings from their construction site in North Carolina to the Super Bowl Experience in Miami