The right tackle position for the Falcons will once again be a rotational affair against the Eagles in Week 2. The team has released the final injury report, and Gono will miss a second consecutive game with a back injury.
If you know me at all, you know I’m not a fan of rotating anything on the offensive line. It disrupts the team’s ability to build chemistry and get in a rhythm. Here’s hoping the one-two punch of Ty Sambrailo and Kaleb McGary can keep Matt Ryan upright.
Kenjon Barner and Wes Schweitzer were both elevated from limited participation on Thursday to full participation on Friday. Barner’s status is good news for the return game. Russell Gage was once again limited on Friday, as was Gono. But Gage is listed as questionable, and Gono is confirmed out.
For the Eagles, it’s notable that Fletcher Cox was upgraded from limited on Thursday to full participation on Friday. He’ll be a go for Philly on Sunday Night Football.
Here’s the full injury report for both teams:
- RB #38 Kenjon Barner (ankle)
- G #71 Wes Schweitzer (shoulder)
- WR #83 Russell Gage (concussion, hamstring) - questionable
- T #73 Matt Gono (back) - out
Did Not Participate
- DE Derek Barnett (shoulder)
- DT Fletcher Cox (toe)
- QB Nate Sudfeld (left wrist) - doubtful
Did not participate
- LB Kamu Grugier-Hill (knee) - out
- T Jordan Mailata (back) - out