The NFL preseason is truly upon us. Thursday night marked the official start of the 2019 NFL preseason, with multiple games kicking us off for a four week journey of excitement, frustration, regret and ultimately longing for the regular season. As such, the Falcons played their second game of the preseason, going down to Miami to take on the Dolphins.
Our own Evan Birchfield joined DW for the first postgame podcast of the 2019 season to discuss players that stood out. Topics include:
- Matt Schaub silencing the critics who thought it was time for him to go
- Russell Gage having an impressive game and why he is seriously pushing for that WR4 spot now
- Brian Hill and his excellent preseason and why he’s going to make the running back competition extremely tough to determine
- Young receivers like Olamide Zaccheaus, Christian Blake and Devin Gray all competing for a spot that may not exist
- The emergence (re-emergence?) of linebacker Jermaine Grace
- Who in the world is Austin Larkin and why are we suddenly interested in him?
As always, you can find the podcast wherever fine podcasts are available or you can listen below:
If you aren’t yet subscribed, now would be a good time to do so: Click the link on your platform of choice to subscribe: