I wasn’t able to attend Thursday’s practice, because of flimsy excuses like “my day job that I need to pay my bills” and whatnot. But that doesn’t mean The Falcoholic is going to leave you hanging.
Thursday was the team’s second padded practice, and Dan Quinn said Wednesday that the team would only be in pads for a portion of it. Let’s dive in for a recap of what went on during Thursday’s training camp.
Day 4 notes
- Most alarmingly and most importantly, Calvin Ridley tweaked his hamstring and was pulled from practice. Dan Quinn said after practice that pulling him was just a precaution, per D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Just like Wednesday, Julio Jones ran some routes and caught some balls, though he didn’t have pads on, also per D. Led.
- Jason Butt of The Athletic reported that Jamon Brown got plenty of work with the first team offensive line at left guard. James Carpenter has gotten most of those first-team reps to this point. I’d expect to see both guys getting their opportunities, especially in padded practices, so the coaching staff can evaluate the best fit.
- Mohamed Sanu may have some competition ... for trick play quarterbacking.
#Falcons just ran the wildcat with Russell Gage at QB.— William McFadden (@willmcfadden) July 25, 2019
- Speaking of Sanu ...
Sanu with the one-hander with Trufant all over him. pic.twitter.com/RzJmiPNgkf— vaughn mcclure (@vxmcclure23) July 25, 2019
- And Pastor Troy was at practice.
Pastor Troy and Harry Douglas. pic.twitter.com/4iU9zEHc50— vaughn mcclure (@vxmcclure23) July 25, 2019
Russell Gage is shining so far, and this may have something to do with it.
Keanu Neal and Russell Gage last guys on practice field working on technique. pic.twitter.com/EM3PRxFV2R— vaughn mcclure (@vxmcclure23) July 25, 2019
Day 4 quotes
- This is good news about Ridley. Fingers crossed he is back at it on Saturday morning.
Dan Quinn says he expects Calvin Ridley to be ready for the next four-day block, which starts Saturday. #Falcons— William McFadden (@willmcfadden) July 25, 2019
- Austin Hooper is on the Dirk Koetter hype train:
Austin Hooper on why he loves the offense under Dirk Koetter pic.twitter.com/Fa65bdduKO— vaughn mcclure (@vxmcclure23) July 25, 2019
- And you know Dan Quinn likes to be fast and physical, so here he is talking about the up-tempo offense.
Dan Quinn talking about Austin Hooper’s comments on how much he’s liking the up-tempo offense: pic.twitter.com/wYP0bBzllm— Kelsey Conway (@FalconsKelsey) July 25, 2019
- Now we officially know the reason behind Kemal Ishmael’s move back to safety.
Dan Quinn said after JJ Wilcox went down, that’s when they made the decision to move Kemal Ishmael back to safety, his original position. #Falcons— Kelsey Conway (@FalconsKelsey) July 25, 2019
The team is off on Friday. David Walker will be joining me at camp on Saturday, so keep an eye out for coverage and analysis from us.