The 2019 NFL Draft is now in the books, but for those not selected, the dream doesn’t end. We have been sharing the signings since the draft ended, but we now have an official list of 16 undrafted free agents.
The Atlanta Falcons are adding the following players:
- CB Jayson Stanley, Georgia
- FS Parker Baldwin, San Diego State
- WR Shawn Bane, Northwest Missouri
- LB Yurik Bethune, Alabama A&M
- OT Lanard Bonner, Arkansas State
- CB Rashard Causey, Central Florida
- LB Tre’ Crawford, Alabama-Birmingham
- OT Devon Johnson, Ferris State
- WR Kahlil Lewis, Cincinnati
- LB Durrant Miles, Boise State
- C Chandler Miller, Tulsa
- LB Del’Shawn Phillips, Illinois
- OT Jaelin Robinson, Temple
- LS Kyle Vasey, Penn State
- WR CJ Worton, Florida International
- WR Olamide Zaccheaus, Virginia
That’s right folks, one UGA player! Georgia fans will be VERY excited.
If you think the list doesn’t matter, and that none of them will make the final roster, you may be correct. But under Dan Quinn, it’s possible that a couple guys could make the roster, and even contribute, like Brian Poole.
Our way-too-early roster projections suggest one or two undrafted players can make the final roster, with a lot more filling out the practice squad. Of note is Chandler Miller who may stick around just because the Falcons have no depth behind Alex Mack. The Falcons could have space for a linebacker to provide better depth behind the starters. UGA’s Stanley, however, will need to have a strong camp to battle through the crowded corner depth chart.
It won’t be until training camp until we know which players start shining and demanding consideration to make the final 53.