If you’re trying to set your fantasy lineups in advance of this Thursday Night Football matchup between the Cowboys and the Bears, I hope you don’t have Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, or Austin Hooper rostered. All three were limited again today, which leaves their status for Sunday up in the air.
Luke Stocker, Jaedin Graham, and Russell Gage were all limited on Thursday after being limited on Wednesday. On defense, Desmond Trufant, Ricardo Allen, and Sharod Neasman were all still limited.
Ty Sambrailo, James Carpenter, and Allen Bailey were all held out of Thursday’s practice, which meant no change in their status from Wednesday. Sambrailo is dealing with a hamstring injury, and Carpenter has a concussion. Bailey has been excused from practice for a personal matter.
The only change on Thursday’s injury report was the addition of center Alex Mack to the Did Not Participate list. Never fear — the team designated Mack’s absence as not injury related. The old man — well, 33 is kind of old in NFL years — just got a veteran rest day.
For the Panthers, DT Gerald McCoy (ankle/knee) and safety Eric Reid (ankle) were both upgraded to limited practice after being held out on Wednesday. Tackle Taylor Moton (knee), and linebacker Shaq Thompson (ankle) were also limited Thursday. Cornerback Donte Jackson (knee) and offensive lineman Garrett McGhin (ankle) were both added to the injury report as limited on Thursday after practicing fully on Wednesday.
Here’s the full Thursday injury report, and we’ll keep an eye on Friday’s for a better sense of who will be ready to go and who may be sitting out on Sunday against the Panthers.
- #11 WR Julio Jones (shoulder)
- #18 WR Calvin Ridley (toe)
- #21 CB Desmond Trufant (toe)
- #37 S Ricardo Allen (knee, oblique)
- #41 S Sharrod Neasman (shoulder)
- #80 TE Luke Stocker (back)
- #81 TE Austin Hooper (knee)
- #83 WR Russell Gage (ribs)
- #87 TE Jaeden Graham (thigh)
Did Not Participate
- #51 C Alex Mack (not injury related – resting veteran)
- #74 T Ty Sambrailo (hamstring)
- #77 G James Carpenter (concussion)
- #93 DE Allen Bailey (not injury related – personal matter)