The Falcons lost both Desmond Trufant and Calvin Ridley to injured reserve this week. They’ve got plenty of other guys who are still banged up as the team prepares to face old friend Kyle Shanahan and the San Francisco 49ers this week.
Julio Jones is still working through a shoulder injury, and he was limited on Wednesday. Sharrod Neasman (shoulder) and Wes Schweitzer (shoulder) were both limited also. That’s a whole lot of shoulder injuries.
Devonta Freeman was held out of Wednesday’s practice with a knee injury. He was joined by De’Vondre Campbell (calf), Isaiah Oliver (shoulder, again), Ty Sambrailo (hamstring), and Adrian Clayborn (back). James Carpenter missed practice again as he has not yet cleared the league’s concussion protocol.
Allen Bailey is still not practicing due to a personal matter. I’m not sure what that is, but the time he’s missed suggests it’s serious, and we wish him and his family all the best, whatever it is.
The Niners’ injury report had not been released at the time this article was published, it has already been confirmed that cornerback Richard Sherman will not be able to play this week.
Here’s the full Falcons injury report. Weigh in with your thoughts in the comments.
- #11 WR Julio Jones (shoulder)
- #41 S Sharrod Neasman (shoulder)
- #71 G Wes Schweitzer (shoulder)
Did Not Participate
- #24 RB Devonta Freeman (knee)
- #26 CB Isaiah Oliver (shoulder)
- #59 LB De’Vondre Campbell (calf)
- #74 T Ty Sambrailo (hamstring)
- #77 G James Carpenter (concussion)
- #93 DE Allen Bailey (not injury related – personal matter)
- #99 DE Adrian Clayborn (back)