If you were hoping for good news about the secondary from Friday’s injury report, well, adjust your expectations. Desmond Trufant and Blidi Wreh-Wilson have both officially been ruled out for Sunday’s matchup with the Cardinals.
Trufant’s dealing with a toe injury, and it was severe enough to sideline him all week while the team’s been in Arizona. As with any player who suffers a toe injury, the fear is turf toe. Corners rely on being able to plant for explosive plays, and turf toe can linger. We’ll definitely keep an eye on his status next week and hope he’s able to get back on the practice field.
The other concern is at punter. Matt Wile’s been ruled out with a quad injury, and the Falcons signed Kasey Redfern to punt in his stead. Between Matt Bosher’s struggles prior to landing on injured reserve, to Wile’s new injury, punter’s been a bad luck spot for the Falcons this season. Hopefully Redfern will be adequate.
The injury report wasn’t all bad news. Julio Jones (hip) and Ricardo Allen (knee) were both still limited on Friday, but both are expected to play on Sunday. Russell Gage and Alex Mack were both upgraded to full practice status on Friday. Jamon Brown and Damontae Kazee have apparently cleared the league’s concussion protocol and both should be a full go on Sunday, along with Kenjon Barner, who is back to full health after dealing with a knee injury.
The Cardinals may be missing David Johnson, Terrell Suggs, and Haason Reddick, all of whom are designated as questionable for Sunday. ILBs Dennis Gardeck and Ezekiel Turner and S Charles Washington were ruled out for Sunday’s game.
Here’s the full injury report for Sunday’s game:
- G Jamon Brown (concussion)
- DB Damontae Kazee (concussion)
- RB Kenjon Barner (knee)
- C Alex Mack (elbow)
- WR Russell Gage (hip)
- WR Julio Jones (hip)
- FS Ricardo Allen (knee)
Did not participate:
- P Matt Wile (quad)
- CB Desmond Trufant (toe)
- CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson (groin)
- WR Larry Fitzgerald (not injury-related)
- DT Corey Peters (not injury-related)
- CB Tramaine Brock Sr. (shoulder)
- ILB Jordan Hicks (not injury-related)
- RB David Johnson (back)
- ILB Haason Reddick (shoulder)
- WR Damiere Byrd (hamstring)
- WR Christian Kirk (ankle)
- CB Trevor Williams (hip)
Did not participate:
- ILB Dennis Gardeck (ankle)
- OLB Terrell Suggs (back, questionable)
- ILB Ezekiel Turner (hamstring)
- S Charles Washington (shoulder)
- DE Zach Allen (neck, questionable)