Though, as you know, preseason isn’t as much about wins and losses as it is about working out kinks and keeping guys healthy. So what exactly do you take away from what many consider the dress rehearsal of the season?
Cory Woodroof is back for another Falcoholic Postgame Podcast, and he’s joined by Falcoholic staple DW (David Walker), an editor, writer and podcaster for the site, to talk about the Birds as the preseason begins to wind down and where they might be headed.
On the Docket:
- Opening thoughts from Cory about Sunday’s shooting in Jacksonville at a Madden event
- How the offense looked without two of its best players
- How Tevin Coleman has performed as the team’s top running back
- How the offensive line had some struggles against the Jaguars’ stout defensive line
- How Atlanta’s defensive line has looked this preseason
- Why the Falcons desperately need guys like Deion Jones, Desmond Trufant and Ricardo Allen healthy and playing
- What young Falcons to keep an eye on as roster cuts loom
- What the team can take as preseason for the starters winds down
Also, follow along with Cory at @CoryWoodroof47 and read his work here at The Falcoholic.
We’ll be back next week with a breakdown of the team’s final preseason bout against the Dolphins Thursday and where the roster might go as we head into final cuts.
Thanks for listening.