Free agency is frenetic, frustrating, and often difficult to keep up with, but it’s also a lot of fun. That’s particularly true after you’ve spent two months twiddling your thumbs waiting for the Falcons to do something, as we all have.
Fortunately, we’re here to help you keep up with all the signings, rumors, and interesting names popping loose as teams cut and decline to re-sign players. The Falcons won’t be incredibly active in 2018 free agency, given their limited cap space, but you can expect them to add at least one starting-caliber player (tight end or defensive tackle, more than likely) and several reserves and rotational options before moving into the draft.
We’ll do our best to stay on top of rumors and signings and round them up here, so check back often for updates from our crack team of free agent oglers.
- Falcons nab RG Brandon Fusco on three-year deal
- Falcons bring back Leon McFadden, Austin Pasztor
- Ricardo Allen gets second round tender
- Ben Garland gets second round tender
- Terrence Magee, reserve RB, due back at original round tender
- The Falcons are also reportedly interested in tight end Ed Dickson
- Falcons interested in Austin Seferian-Jenkins; feeling is mutual?
Suspect the Falcons also will tender OL Ben Garland, another RFA. Not sure what level. Valuable backup with special teams ability.— vaughn mcclure (@vxmcclure23) March 12, 2018
Chiefs are releasing Tamba Hali, per source.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 12, 2018
The veteran pass rusher is aging rapidly, yes, but Atlanta had interest in him back in 2016 and might wish to add him to the rotation this year.