Yesterday, we saw Morten Andersen become the third former Falcon to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It was an incredible honor for him, and a cool thing for every Falcons fan.
While these players are deserving, there are still plenty of Falcons who should have a bust in Canton that haven’t come close to getting in. This question from SB Nation NFL sparked me to think of who I’d put up there if asked.
Which player do you think deserves a spot in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but hasn’t got one yet?— SB Nation NFL (@SBNationNFL) August 6, 2017
As I see it, there are a few worthy candidates, but five jump readily to mind. They are, in no particular order:
- Mike Kenn, who was a durable, excellent tackle for two decades, all with the Falcons
- Jeff Van Note, who had the same kind of remarkable career as Kenn, just at center
- Tommy Nobis, a superstar linebacker who was probably one of the two or three best of his generation, but flew under the radar
- Jessie Tuggle, who was impossibly great and is my favorite player, which should be enough for the voters
- John Abraham, who isn’t eligible yet but is a slam dunk choice in my mind
Aside from Kenn and Abe, I can’t see any of these guys getting in, but I remain hopeful. Who would you choose?