It has now been over a week since the Super Bowl, and thus we are accelerating into the offseason in earnest. That means it’s time to start pulling together your personal wishlists.
We’re going for some kind of realism here, but even if you think a free agent might not get particularly close to the Falcons, you’re welcome to include them. Mine features one very big name (and big dude), plus a couple of legitimate starting options and useful depth pieces.
- Sign DE/DT Calais Campbell
- Sign DE William Gholston
- Sign LB Akeem Ayers
- Sign G/T Luke Joeckel
- Sign TE Jack Doyle
- Sign WR/KR Cordarelle Patterson
- Re-sign S Kemal Ishmael, TE Levine Toilolo, DE Dwight Freeney, OLB Sean Weatherspoon, FB Patrick DiMarco, DT/DE Courtney Upshaw, ST Eric Weems, LB LaRoy Reynolds, all RFAs & ERFAs
- Extend CB Desmond Trufant and RB Devonta Freeman
- Draft good players, but ideally edge rusher, guard, defensive tackle, swing tackle, safety, developmental quarterback
That’s a rough sketch of a plan. We’ll revisit this at some point when I have a better idea of exactly who I want in the draft, but this is enough to get you guys started.
Give us yours!