The Falcons took the field Tuesday in front of the media and fans for the last time before they’ll face Washington in preseason action on Thursday evening.
Both sides of the ball looked pretty solid, and Quinn was very pleased with the effort and pace Tuesday.
“I thought the energy for practice today was right on point,” Quinn said after practice. “The tempo going back and forth, we had a big third down period, moved the ball, and that was one of the best sessions we’ve had in a while in terms of how hard to go for it and how hard to push for one another.”
Also, Ric Flair was there. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
- The first team offensive timing looked pretty good, especially compared to how it’s looked for the bulk of camp. Thursday will be a good test of where this unit actually is and how much they need to improve before the season begins.
- Austin Hooper is really coming along nicely. His development at this point of camp, especially after missing so much of the spring, has been impressive.
- Nick Williams is playing every day like he has a thorough understanding of how tough the competition is going to be for those last couple of spots on the receiver depth chart.
- Corey Washington made a truly impressive catch to end practice, using every bit of his length and height to go up and grab it.
- Desmond Trufant always looks capable, but he really stood out today. He looked every bit the lockdown corner on Tuesday.
- C.J. Goodwin had a nice play in coverage against Eric Weems. Weems hadn’t yet secured the ball, and Goodwin stripped it and took it away from him.
- DeMarcus Van Dyke also stood out, grabbing an impressive interception. That battle at cornerback is certainly one to watch during preseason as well.
- Keanu Neal (trunk), Terron Ward (ankle) and Levine Toilolo (hand) are all day-to-day right now with their various injuries. Their status for Thursday’s game is uncertain. Quinn said none of the injuries are serious and that even if they miss Thursday, they shouldn’t miss much time overall.
- Practice tomorrow was initially scheduled to be open to the media and the public, but the team has decided to close practice tomorrow. If you were planning to head to the Branch tomorrow, don’t.