“What happened when your offensive coordinator picked you off?” It was a heck of an opening question to the Falcons QB, and one that has been asked repeatedly over the past few days. Ryan laughed off the question, explaining that it was an opportunity to teach rookie TE Austin Hooper (who he didn’t name) about route depths.
The interview with Scott Van Pelt was a pretty good one, and is worth watching. Here are some of the things they touched on during the interview
- The infamous “interception” by OC Kyle Shanahan
- What Ryan thinks lead to the slide during the 2015 season that caused the 8-8 finish
- How Ryan’s preparation has evolved as he’s gotten older
- Ryan’s thoughts on training camp and what he does and doesn’t enjoy
- The main thing Ryan thinks the team needs to fix to be competitive in 2016
Matt Ryan has become a bit of a polarizing player in recent years, but this interview shows his composure and is a reminder to fans of how well the veteran QB carries himself. It’s a relatively short interview, but worth your time if you’re a fan of the team.