The Falcons released a final preseason depth chart after cutting the roster down to 75 players well ahead of the deadline, and we may be seeing a clearer picture develop in terms of what the 53-man roster may look like.
A few notes:
- Apparently you have to be named Matt to be a quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons. Sorry, Sean Renfree. Your parents should have thought this through.
- Eric Weems remains ahead of Devin Fuller and J.D. McKissic on both the WR depth chart and the KR/PR one.
- Corey Washington made the switch to CB today, but who knows about the permanence of that, because he's at the back of the WR depth chart on this version.
- Aldrick Robinson, I think, is entrenched as the fourth WR at this point.
- Wes Schweitzer is listed as the backup left guard behind Andy Levitre, and according to this, Chris Chester has edged out Mike Person at right guard.
- I think that there isn't much distance between Levine Toilolo and D.J. Tialavea for that third tight end spot.
- Paul Worrilow and Sean Weatherspoon remain ahead of Deion Jones and DeVondre Campbell, respectively, but that could still change before the season begins.
- Dashon Goldson has been here for one day and has surpassed Damian Parms on the depth chart, which speaks volumes about why the team chose to sign him.
The depth chart in its entirety can be found below.
WR: Julio Jones, Justin Hardy, Eric Weems, Devin Fuller, Corey Washington
LT: Jake Matthews, Tom Compton, Laurence Gibson
LG: Andy Levitre, Wes Schweitzer, Collin Rahrig
C: Alex Mack, Ben Garland
RG: Chris Chester, Mike Person
RT: Ryan Schraeder, Bryce Harris
TE: Jacob Tamme, Austin Hooper, Levine Toilolo, D.J. Tialavea, Joshua Perkins
WR: Mohamed Sanu, Aldrick Robinson, Nick Williams, J.D. McKissic
RB: Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman, Terron Ward, Brandon Wilds
FB: Patrick DiMarco
QB: Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Matt Sims
DE: Adrian Clayborn, Brooks Reed, Dwight Freeney, Nordly Capi
DT: Tyson Jackson, Jonathan Babineaux, Cory Johnson
DT: Grady Jarrett, Courtney Upshaw, Joey Mbu
DE: Derrick Shelby, Ra'Shede Hageman, Malliciah Goodman
LB: Vic Beasley, Jr., Philip Wheeler, Tyler Starr
LB: Paul Worrilow, Deion Jones, LaRoy Reynolds, Matt Wells
LB: Sean Weatherspoon, DeVondre Campbell
CB: Robert Alford, Jalen Collins, C.J. Goodwin
CB: Desmond Trufant, Akeem King, Brian Poole, DeMarcus Van Dyke, Devonta Johnson
FS: Ricardo Allen, Robenson Therezie, Sharrod Neasman
SS: Keanu Neal, Kemal Ishmael, Dashon Goldson, Damian Parms
K: Matt Bryant, Shayne Graham
KO/P: Matt Bosher
KR: Tevin Coleman, Eric Weems, Devin Fuller, J.D. McKissic
PR: Eric Weems, Devin Fuller, J.D. McKissic
LS: Josh Harris