Now that Dan Quinn is the new Falcons coach and is hopefully heading for a string of Super Bowl wins in Atlanta, we should strive to understand where he came from. Who is this Dan Quinn, in other words?
While I don't claim to know what kind of wine he likes with his pasta, I do know where Quinn's coaching career has taken him. It's been a 20 year journey to his first head coaching job, one dominated by at least modest success stories with college and NFL programs, capped off by a truly spectacular two-year stint as the Seahawks defensive coordinator.
Hat tip to Wikipedia, of course.
- William & Mary (NCAA) (DL) (1994)
- VMI (NCAA) (DL) (1995)
- Hofstra (NCAA) (DL) (1996–1999)
- Hofstra (NCAA) (DC/DL) (2000)
- San Francisco 49ers (DQC) (2001–2002)
- San Francisco 49ers (DL) (2003–2004)
- Miami Dolphins (DL) (2005–2006)
- New York Jets (DL) (2007–2008)
- Seattle Seahawks (AHC/DL) (2009–2010)
- Florida (NCAA) (DC/DL) (2011-2012)
- Seattle Seahawks (DC) (2013–present)