I'm sure you're watching the cascade of cuts from around the league and identifying a few players you would like the Falcons to take a closer look at. Don't worry, I'm doing exactly the same thing.
The question becomes, how quickly can the Falcons try to pick these guys up? As it turns out, the rule here is pretty simple: The players sit out there for 24 hours, and then teams can begin signing them.
That means if you saw, say, Jermaine Cunningham released at 3 p.m. today, he'll be in waiver purgatory until 3 p.m. tomorrow. Then the Falcons can take a swing at him.
The only exception would be vested veterans, who have no such waiting period. If the Falcons really want one of these guys, they can do it RIGHT NOW.
As @TheFalcoholic indicated players with 4+ yrs of experience aren't subject to waivers. Basically no different than unrestricted FAs— Aaron Freeman (@falcfans) August 31, 2013
Who do you think the Falcons will sign, if anyone?
More from The Falcoholic:
- 2013 NFL Roster Cuts: The Atlanta Falcons 53 Following The Deadline
- Falcons Roster Cuts: Atlanta Down To 53 After Nine Cuts
- 2013 NFL Roster Cuts: Noteworthy Cuts From Around The League
- Falcons Roster Cuts: Deadline Day Open Thread
- Brian Banks Cut Was Inevitable, But The Falcons Will Find A Way To Keep Him Around