The Falcons have been bitten by the injury bug again this week. Desmond Trufant was down on the turf and eventually left the field under his own power.
Desmond Trufant walked off the field under his own power. #Falcons— Knox Bardeen (@knoxbardeen) October 20, 2013
The rookie cornerback has been the team's best corner in coverage this season, so if he's going to miss any time it's going to hurt this already middling pass defense. Let's hope/pray/sacrifice that he'll be back next week at full health.
At this point, if you're not firing your training staff, you're planning to do so at the end of the year. I'm not sure fluke alone explains what's happening here.
Get well soon, Trufant. Let's go Falcons!
More from The Falcoholic:
- Stephen Nicholas Injury: Falcons Linebacker Leaves Game, Status Unknown
- Falcons vs. Buccaneers: Matt Ryan Is Your Falcon To Watch
- Falcons vs. Buccaneers: 4 Critical Matchups For Week 7
- Falcons to Promote WR Darius Johnson from Practice Squad
- Football Gods, Save Matt Ryan: How Will They Keep Their QB Upright?