Late night discussion-oriented post for y'all. Given the new kickoff rule, in my estimation and that of others, Special's role would diminished exponentially this year.
- He has 1 four-yard reception this year; he has 14 career receptions over 4 seasons
Then ponder this:
- He's returned 10 kickoffs this year
- He returned 40 kickoffs last year and 48 the year before
- He's on pace for 32 returns this year
And don't forget to mull over this:
- He's returned 9 punts this year
- He returned 18 punts last year and 27 the year before
- He's on pace for 28.8 punt returns this year
Aside from the fact that's he not a proven receiving threat, I'd say we still need him.
What say you?!