You want a roundup? You can't handle a roundup!
- This AJC article is well worth it for the headline. I can't picture Ryan speedily devouring anything, frankly. Still, he's obviously a good student of the game, and you can see why the coaching staff was ready to get him out there. I've upgraded his chances of not getting smoked like a meerschaum pipe to about 50%.
- I'm sorry, but I just don't believe that a nasty attitude is going to make up for the offensive line if they just flat out suck. For the record, I still think this unit is going to be better than anyone's giving them credit for. I just don't think Sam Baker growling at his opponent is going to lead to fewer sacks.
- Via Kevin71, here's the guys we've signed to our practice squad. The team also axed Timmay Anderson in favor of Jason Jefferson, who apparently is much better on passing downs. I don't know too much about the guy, but I assume we'll get acquainted during the first week of the season.
- Hurricane Gustav is looking pretty scary. My good friend saintsational of Canal Street Chronicles had to evacuate and leave his home and business behind. Hatred of the Saints aside, I hope you guys will head over there and wish him the best.
- The talented Mr. BigBlueShoe blogs about Buster Davis, one of the weekend's most surprising cuts. Davis is a pretty good linebacker who is only going to make the Colts better.
- Yes, it is time to start thinking about the 2009 Draft. Matt Miller and the guys at Mocking the Draft are getting a head start, with a list of scouting reports already up and running. In a related story, Matt Miller and the guys at Mocking the Draft are insane.
Any stories I missed?