So I represented the Falcons in our mock draft, and I decided to re-establish the Falcons as a premier team in the NFCS by rebuilding the 2 most vulnerable facets of the team, the o-line, and the d-line.
Please critique away. I only took one position in the draft that wasn't a lineman, but as an outsider, your line(s) play was the biggest downfall to me.
1. Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan - if people had questions about him before the combine, he should have answered them all by now. Clowney, Mack, Robinson, and Mathews were all off the board by this pick.
2. Scott Chricton, DE, Oregon State - a huge need IMO, and he has enough talent to contribute now, while still having room to learn and grown.
3. Trent Murphy, DE/OLB, Stanford - smart, and has a nose for the ball. Will be able to be used situationally for now.
4. Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina - the d-line is now set for the next 4 years.
5. Chris Watt, OG, Notre Dame - my #3 OG, and will wind up a huge steal in the 5th round.
6. Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern - combine warrior, and a jack of all trades kind of guy. Has lined up just about everywhere but on the line, and will be a quick, powerful back to pair with Rodgers.
7. Russell Bodine, OG/C, North Carolina - OG is a need, this guy is nasty, and you can't have enough guys that can fill in at multiple positions.
I realize I didn't draft a TE or S, and while I would have liked to, they would have been huge reaches or wasted picks where I could have gotten them.