Before he went down, Jones had 41 receptions for 580 yards and two touchdowns in just five games, which is somewhere north of amazing. Losing him removed the most dynamic weapon from the Falcons' passing game and put the final torpedo in the hull of the S.S. Atlanta Falcons. Alas.
Good news, though: Jones appears on track to make a difference again in 2014. Arthur Blank's press conference came and went a while ago, but we should have blocked out this tidbit. Per the AJC:
(Blank) said that Julio Jones is rehabbing and doing well. He spent time with him at the season finale.
Foot injuries are always a major concern for someone who makes his living by running, jumping, planting and cutting all over those foolish enough to try to cover him, but just hearing that he's progressing well is encouraging for Julio Jones. What are your 2014 expectations for the talented wideout?
- Corey Peters Should Be Re-Signed, Regardless Of Injury
- Broncos-Chargers Divisional Round Open Thread
- NFL Playoffs 2014: Panthers vs. 49ers Game Time
- NFL Playoffs: How to Beat the Panthers
- Falcons GM: Don't Blame Peter Konz for Peter Konz