The Atlanta Falcons are well-known for the good they do off the field, and defensive tackle Corey Peters is at it again, volunteering his time to raise awareness and funds for the Rally Foundation.
Peters has been particularly involved in the good work of the Rally Foundation after becoming one of their celebrity spokesmen in 2012, and the rest of the team often pitches in as well. As a spokesman, Peters serves as an honorary chair of the Rally Foundation's annual Rally on the Runway fashion show, featuring children who are currently fighting cancer as the models, and Falcons players as their escorts on the runway.
In early August, the Rally Foundation brought several children who are fighting childhood cancers, as well as their families, to experience a Falcons training camp practice together. Following that experience, Peters shared some thoughts with AtlantaFalcons.com on working with the Rally Foundation.
"I'm just so blessed to be a part of it. Those kids inspire me every day. Every time I get an opportunity to spend some time with them, I always feel good. I think they help me more than I help them." - Corey Peters on his work with the Rally Foundation
You can learn more about the Rally Foundation by visiting their website.
More from The Falcoholic:
- Falcons vs. Dolphins: 4 Critical Matchups In Week 3
- Could Steven Jackson Be Back Sooner Than We Think?
- Falcons vs. Dolphins 2013: Game time, TV schedule, online streaming and more
- From an Efficiency Standpoint, the Falcons Really Just Need to Improve their Pass Defense
- Falcons vs. Dolphins 2013: Keys to Victory and Prediction