For those who aren't familiar with the cutdown deadline, I've compiled this handy guide to take you through the process.
What's the deadline? The deadline is 6 p.m. EST on Saturday, August 31st.
Can teams make cuts today? Sure can! You should expect some to trickle in over the next several hours. Usually, these are the guys the team was going to cut even before the fourth preseason game registered.
What are they cutting down to? 53 players. For most teams, that means somewhere between 20-22 cuts in addition to Tuesday's cutdowns. That's a lot of players.
What about the practice squad? Every player heading to the practice squad can be claimed by other teams, both before and after they make it there. The Falcons can carry eight players on the practice squad in total.
So just to recap, the Falcons need to cut down to 53 players by the cutdown deadline of 6 p.m. tomorrow. Got it? Good.
Discuss cuts here!
More from The Falcoholic:
- Falcons Roster Cuts: The 53 Man Cutdown Open Thread
- Falcons vs. Jaguars 2013: The Game That Determines the Falcons' Receiving Depth Chart
- Falcons vs. Jaguars Final Score: Falcons Lose Final Preseason Game 20-16
- What Falcons franchise records could be broken in 2013?
- Falcons "Hope" Roddy White Will Be Ready for Week One