2:21 p.m. Notable cuts: Marcus Benard let go by Patriots, though his injuries may have sapped him of his pass rushing ability. Blocking tight ends Jake Ballard and Daniel Fells have also been released. The Cardinals let go of Mike Thomas, a former quality Jaguar receiver. Uh oh.
11:00 a.m. The Bears cut tackle J'Marcus Webb. You may be tempted to say "let's get him for tackle depth!" You would be mistaken, because Webb graded out as one of the worst tackles in the NFL in 2012. Pass, please.
In total, Atlanta will need to cut 22 players before the end of the day Saturday to meet the deadline for the NFL roster cut down to 53 players. There will be a few tough decisions in the offing to get the Falcons to where they need to go, and if it's a typical round of cuts for the Falcons, it will happen in waves well before the actual deadline comes to pass.
- The Falcons will carry four backs. Antone Smith isn't one of them.
- They'll carry five receivers, with the fifth spot going to either Kevin Cone or Darius Johnson
- Joplo Bartu and Paul Worrilow will make the final roster
- Dominique Franks is the fifth cornerback
- Adios, Shann Schillinger, we'll miss you
Follow along with the action and make your projections right here!