We have four days of Atlanta Falcons training camp in the books thus far, and while there's many days and many cuts ahead, there's a few things we know right now. Since you're all chomping at the bit--horrible for your teeth, by the way--I wanted to break down a few specifics. Here we go.
- The Falcons are healthy thus far. This is arguably the most important thing of all, especially when you look around the league and see how many injuries have piled up in the first few days.
- It's way too early to start a stock report, but Desmond Trufant is the most maligned player thus far and Martel Moore might be the guy who is turning the most heads. Trufant is the early favorite for a starting job at cornerback, and Moore is just one receiver in a crowded field. Given the uncertainty behind Harry Douglas, however, you shouldn't dismiss Moore's chances.
- Stansly Maponga is back in action after sitting with an injury most of the off-season thus far Watching him duke it out with Malliciah Goodman and Jonathan Massaquoi should be a ton of fun, and I really like his long-term upside.
- Osi Umenyiora and Kroy Biermann have gotten some snaps at linebacker. This is truly going to be a hybrid front under Mike Nolan, taking the long-time Falcon obsession with versatility and turning it into a full-blown love affair.
- Tony Gonzalez's absence is a good thing for guys like Chase Coffman and Levine Toilolo, who will get plenty of chances to show they deserve playing time. Keep an eye on Toilolo in particular, because his size could make him a serious red zone weapon down the line.
- Julio Jones has somehow looked even better than usual. Considering we last saw him dropping 11 catches, 182 yards and 2 touchdowns on the 49ers, that's downright terrifying.
- These Falcons are lovers, not fighters.