The last thing any of us wants to hear at this point is that another Falcons may miss Sunday's game, but I've got bad news for four of them. Good! Great.
Tony Gonzalez's toe injury has him gimping around, and he missed practice on Wednesday. You and I both know better than to bet against Gonzo playing, but certainly this isn't a good sign for his availability against the Buccaneers. That's bad news when you consider that the Bucs aren't likely to be dumb enough to put Darrelle Revis on Darius Johnson again, effectively neutralizing Roddy White. Things have been uphill enough for this passing attack with Gonzalez soaking up double teams.
Jason Snelling also didn't practice. If he can't go, the Falcons will roll with Steven Jackson, Jacquizz Rodgers and possibly Josh Vaughan. Corey Peters is taking what I think is a day of rest on Wednesday. The only major surprise on the report is Malliciah Goodman. I'm hoping he's healthy, because the Falcons need the strongest possible defense on the field against the invincible force that is Mike Glennon.
Goodman, Peters, Gonzalez and Snelling did not practice today for the #Falcons— D. Orlando Ledbetter (@AJCFalcons) November 13, 2013
Share your thoughts on this injury report.
More from The Falcoholic:
- Falcons Teammates of the Week: Jonathan Babineaux, Multiple Times
- We're already talking about the 2014 NFL Draft
- Falcons place Sam Baker on injured reserve, release Thomas Howard and activate Sean Weatherspoon
- 5 Things We Learned From The Falcons' Embarrassing Loss to the Seahawks
- Willy Mo Always Ready...To Pay Fines, if Necessary