Dent, one of the team's premier run-stoppers and a guy who has picked up 1.5 sacks this season, was seen with his helmet on by multiple reporters and has returned to practice.
This is good news. Despite the vocal contingent of Falcons fans who could watch Dent pick up six sacks in a game and still call for him to be benched in favor of Omar Gaither, the linebacker will add a veteran presence and quality tackling to a depleted linebacking corps. He's not a miracle worker, but there's little doubt he's an enormous upgrade over Gaither and a help as the Falcons try to take on Doug Martin this week.
The rest of the injury report, in succinct fashion:
More from The Falcoholic:
- Falcons Off the Field: Sean Weatherspoon
- Stopping the Buccaneers: How The Falcons' Defense Can Get It Done
- Robert Alford May Be The Falcons' New Punt Returner Soon
- Roddy White Injury: Receiver Among At Least 5 Falcons Not At Practice
- Julio Jones injury: What can the Falcons receiver expect after surgery?