1. Matt Ryan- Last week Matt Ryan shut his critics up and did what it took him 5 years to do, win a playoff game. This is going to be huge for him going forward in this playoff run. He must continue to get better and limit his turnovers. Without that last interception, yesterday’s game isn’t even close. Matt Ryan should have a good game with the 49ers secondary which is not as good as Seattle’s.
2. Run Defense- Atlanta’s defense stepped up in a serious way yesterday and shut down one of the leagues best running offense. If the Falcons can carry over the same defense Frank Gore is going to have a hard time running.
3. Pressuring Collin Kapernick- Collin had an AMAZING game against the Green Bay Packers. Probably one of the best performances by a QB ever. But lets be realistic, the odds of him running for 181 yards two weeks in a row is unlikely. If Atlanta can put pressure on him, he will make mistakes. Atlanta must get to him.
4. Wide Receiving Core- These guys had a great game yesterday and Matty Ice did a great job getting the ball to many Falcons. The best catch coming from Chase Coffman someone Atlanta doesn’t talk about a lot. These guys should be able to go to town on the 49ers secondary.
5. Running Game- A lot of Atlanta’s success yesterday came from the running game. Michael Turner and JacQuizz Rodgers combined for 162 ground yards. San Francisco has a better run defense than Seattle and getting those yards are going to be a lot harder. So establishing the run game on first down is going to be crucial.
I’m not going to lie; San Fran is defiantly a team that scares me. They are big and physical and will run you over. They also have a QB that can escape the pocket and gash your defense. He also can drop back and throw it deep. This is defiantly the best team that Atlanta has played so far this season, but I think they are ready. 49ers are going to have to travel almost 3,000 miles and they haven’t won a playoff road game in 24 years. They are 5-3 on the road and defiantly cannot underestimate Atlanta.
I think Atlanta win this game in a close one.
Final Score: 24-20
What do you guys think?