Flowery Branch was busy today. The Falcons were out in (almost) full force, and just about every major media outlet in the area was in attendance.
Several players were missing in action for various reasons. Asante Samuel had a "previous engagement" Smitty said, and Tony G is apparently off in Croatia according to his Twitter account.
Here were some things that stood out in my mind:
- Julio is still a freak without dreads. He made a few amazing catches and showed plenty of what we've seen in the past. He said he feels stronger and faster right now, which I'm not sure is physically possible.
- Roddy and 'Spoon are the loudest people on the field, which is good as they are leaders on the team. I also found out that 'Spoon can make one of the most awful screeching noises I've ever heard. He could potentially use that to intimidate opponents.
- The usual group of returners were back today catching balls, but Quizz made an appearance in there as well. Just something that caught my eye.
- Robert McClain made a terrific interception in 1-on-1 drills. I don't think he's a threat to steal anyone's job, but it was still impressive.
- With Tony G on vacation, Michael Palmer made some good catches. He looked perfectly capable of handling those duties, which is good news going forward.
- Lofa Tatupu asked me what time it was. Impressive, right?
- Joe Hawley still has an awesome beard, and Vince Manuwai wins the coolest tattoos contest.
It's hard not to get excited about this group. Everything seems to be running smoothly right now, and I know everyone is looking forward to seeing more from OTAs soon.