Here are some quick notes on the final day of the mini camp. I focussed most of today's mini camp on the rookies and UDFA as much as possible.
1. Kerry Meier is back to the 2010 pre season form before he was hurt. He was grabbing anything thrown around him, made some tough catches. Probably he was the best player of the minicamp among both defense and offense. Meier did celebrate a Touch down pass in the red zone drill ( pic here).
2. If you haven't yet heard the name Lamark Brown TE, its time to change that. Lamark Brown caught some nice passes and there were 3 passes which stood out. In the first pass, he was wide open and Faulcon tried to cover the ground (pic here).The second catch was in front of Robert James(Pic here) and the third catch was the best, a grab in the traffic with 3 defenders around(Pic Here). If he performs well through out the training camp and Preseason at worst he might end up on PS.
5. Michael Turner caught couple of passes out of the backfield. First pass was a simple dump off which would have resulted in a nice gain as Spoon had to cover lot of ground(pic here).Second pass was nicely designed play and Turner wasted no time getting in to open field(pic here).
6. James Rodgers has a uphill battle to climb to be the 5th or 6th WR. But he grabbed couple of low throws, he can get lost in the middle of those big linemen(pic here). The last catch of the day for Rodgers was his best, scooping an under thrown ball in the redone drills(pic here).
10. Roddy showed Chris Owens who is the boss(pic here). Roddy also caught a TD pass in red zone drills in addition to a 3rd and 7 simulation.
11 Snelling looks trimmer and fitter among the FB and RB(pic here).
Its too early to say who will make the roster but looks like there will be good competition for 3rd TE position (Lamark Brown Vs Tommy Gallards) and the 5th WR( Drew Davis vs Cone vs Rodgers).