The Falcons came into this game needing a win to submarine the Buccaneers and more or less ensure a playoff berth. Mission accomplished.
Against a very good, very tough Buccaneers team on the road, the Falcons did just enough to walk away with their 10th win of the season. Against a team like the Panthers or Raiders, this kind of win might not be worth a massive celebration. Against one of the hottest offenses in the NFL and a team that had won four straight, it's worth every single woo and cheer you can spare.
Look at it this way:
- The Falcons have a magic number of two now, and they'll likely get it in the next four weeks.
- The Falcons held the league's second-hottest running back to 50 yards on 21 carries.
- Matt Ryan throw for over 350 yards.
- The Falcons won despite Matt Bryant whiffing on two field goals.
- Jacquizz Rodgers proved his worth to this offense at last, making Michael Turner the lesser option going forward (we hope).
- The Falcons won! Woo!
Discuss the game here and talk 4 p.m. games, as well.