As Jason reported a little earlier, the Falcons will be without Julio Jones for their game against the Carolina Panthers. It's a blow to the passing game, for sure, and Harry Douglas and Kerry Meier will step in to try to approximate the value of the rookie phenom. Douglas will be the starter.
Ah, but what about the rest of the injury report? I've got that to. It breaks down like so:
Tony Gonzalez. Did not practice with an elbow injury. First I've really heard of it, so hopefully he'll be clear by the weekend.
- William Moore. His shoulder injury is a legitimate worry. There's a chance James Sanders will be starting in his place come Sunday.
- Garrett Reynolds. His ankle is hurting. If he can't go—a distinct possibility—the Falcons will have to decide between Brett Romberg and Mike Johnson as starters.
- John Abraham. The team's probably taking it easy with Abe, who by all accounts was recovering over the last couple of days. The Falcons could use him.
- Todd McClure. This just isn't McClure's year. If his knee injury persists, he may miss the Panthers game and more beside. Watch the reports then next couple of days.
- Chris Owens. With a concussion, he's no sure thing to play this weekend. If he doesn't, it'll either be Kelvin Hayden or Dominique Franks in the slot. Probably Hayden.
As you can see, the Falcons are banged up. Share your thoughts.