1. St. Louis Rams –Sam Bradford QB, Oklahoma
The Rams find their new face of the franchise and draft the best quarterback in the draft.
2. Detroit Lions – Ndamukong Suh DT, Nebraska
The Lions defense has a lot of holes. Suh has the ability to plug up some of the holes up front.
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Gerald McCoy DT, Oklahoma
The next Warren Sapp? The Bucs sure hope so as they draft the big man out of Oklahoma
4. Washington Redskins – Russell Okung OT, Oklahoma State
The Redskins might not have a face of the franchise yet, but at least they now have someone who can protect him as soon as they find out who it will be.
5. Kansas City – Eric Berry S, Tennessee
He is drawing comparisons to Ed Reed. Safety might not be the value pick here but who wouldn’t pick Ed Reed with the fifth pick in the draft
6. Seattle Seahawks – Trent Williams OT, Oklahoma
The Hawks need someone to replace Walter Jones. Trent Williams might be their guy.
7. Cleveland Browns – Dez Bryant WR, Oklahoma St
The Browns need a lot of help. Bryant brings some offensive firepower to take some of the pressure off Josh Cribbs.
8. Oakland Raiders – Brian Bulaga OT, Iowa
I know, a tackle from Iowa. But if the Raiders are going to be a factor anytime soon, they have to start winning battles in the trenches.
9. Buffalo Bills – Jimmy Clausen QB, Notre Dame
The Bills need a quarterback and Clausen is coming out of a pro-style offense. He seems to be a good fit.
10. TRADE: Jaguars don’t have a second round pick. Ten is too early to pick a certain quarterback from Florida. So, they trade down, get a few picks, and everyone is happy.
Philadelphia Eagles* – Derrick Morgan DE, Georgia Tech
Eagles get the hometown guy and fill a need. They give up a second and a late fourth to get their guy.
11. Denver Broncos – Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
McClain is a leader, and he takes over this defense. Great player, proven winner.
12. Miami Dolphins – Sergio Kindle OLB/DE, Texas
The Dolphins increase the strength of the defense and put more pressure on the quarterback with the guy out of Texas.
13. San Francisco 49ers – Joe Haden CB, Florida
He is the best corner in the draft. Singletary is a defensive guy. Could be a good match.
14. Seattle Seahawks – CJ Spiller RB, Clemson
The Seahawks already picked up O-Line help. Now they focus on improving the offense and pick up the speedster from Clemson.
15. New York Giants – Brandon Graham OLB/DE, Michigan
The usually dominant Giants defense struggled at times last year. They address the D-Line with the pass rusher out of Michigan
16. San Francisco 49ers – Earl Thomas S, Texas
Defense, Defense, Defense. That is the theme for the 49ers this year. They pick up the second best safety to pair with the best corner. This will be a scary secondary in a few years.
17. Tennessee Titans – Jason Pierre Paul DE, South Florida
The Titans need to get more pressure on the quarterback. JPP is a freak athlete who can get the job done.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers – Mike Iupati OG, Idaho
Finally, the Steelers draft an O-lineman in the first round. They pick up the most dominant guard in years.
19. Atlanta Falcons – Sean Weatherspoon OLB, Missouri
With Graham, Morgan, and JPP all gone, the Falcons select the best 4-3 OLB in the draft.
20. Houston Texans – Kyle Wilson CB, Boise State
Without Dunta Robinson, the Texans need a new corner. Wilson is the best corner on the board.
21. Cincinnati Bengals – Jermaine Gresham TE, Oklahoma
The Bengals get the best tight end in the draft. Carson Palmer gets a new target.
22. New England Patriots – Dan Williams DT, Tennessee
Vince Wilfork can’t be franchised until he retires. He wants to hit free agency. The Patriots pick his successor at #22
The Packers need a lot of help on the O-Line. Davis is a steal at this point in the draft. Aaron Rodgers will certainly appreciate the pick.
24. Jacksonville Jaguars* – Kareem Jackson CB, Alabama
The Jaguars address a need on defense while still holding out hope that their man will still be there when the second round pick comes around
25. Baltimore Ravens – Demaryius Thomas WR, Georgia Tech
The Ravens never pick a wide receiver when you think they will. But I am gonna go on a limb and say this year, they pick a wide receiver. Flacco should be very pleased.
26. Arizona Cardinals – Jerry Hughes OLB/DE, TCU
Good pass rusher, great college career. Should be a very productive player at the next level.
27. Dallas Cowboys – Maurkice Pouncey OG/C, Florida
He is the most versatile lineman in the draft. The top center or the second best guard. The Packers need line help all around.
28. San Diego Chargers – Ryan Matthews RB, Fresno State
This guy has flown up all the draft boards. He has been very impressive and the Chargers need a replacement for LT.
29. New York Jets – Everson Griffin DE, USC
Griffin can step in and help pressure the quarterback. The Jets defense gets even better, scary thought.
30. Minnesota Vikings – Devin McCourty CB, Rutgers
The Vikings need help in the secondary. McCourty is the best corner available.
31. Indianapolis Colts – Charles Brown OT, USC
Protecting Peyton will always be the first priority for the Colts as long as he is still wearing the blue and white uniform.
32. New Orleans Saints – Daryl Washington OLB, TCU
The Saints need help on defense. Washington steps in and contributes immediately.
*Eagles trade the Jaguars picks #24, 55, 105 for the #10 pick. The Eagles want to move up and they have the assets to do so.
Also look for the Redskins to move down and the Cowboys to move up. But I highly doubt they make a deal with each other’s devil and trade with each other. Still, both are looking for trade partners.
Thoughts, ideas, other potential trades? Let me know what you think.