Last year, you may remember when I announced from my diamond-encrusted throne that Comcast would be sponsoring The Falcoholic. Guess what? They loved us so much, they're back!
This is most relevant for those of you who like the Red Zone channel on Comcast, but it's also a sign of how well our humble little site has done over the past year or so that a company like Comcast is willing to sponsor our rantings and ravings. It might also be a sign that they've never read said rantings and ravings, but that's not relevant at the moment. For those of you not in the know, the Red Zone channel gives you the opportunity to whip back and forth between games whenever a team gets inside the 20, extremely useful for those of you who play fantasy football, like to keep track of multiple teams or just want to see people score (ignore the obvious joke). If you've got Comcast, it's worth checking out.
What else will Comcast be doing that's football related, and would therefore make them want to sponsor the SB Nation network that we all know and (hopefully) love? Glad you asked. Courtesy of the company's crack squad of ninja marketers, here's a few points:
* Comcast's cable lineup, including NFL Network, will offer wall-to-wall draft coverage including a live broadcast of the draft
* NFL Network on Demand on Comcast will complement all the live draft coverage with profiles of the 100 top prospects available leading up to the draft
* Comcast's NFL programming will also include extensive training camp coverage, preseason game broadcasts and full coverage of Hall of Fame weekend
* During the regular season, NFL Network on Demand lets you re-watch every NFL game as soon as 24 hours following it's original airing
* Red Zone will be back on Comcast for a second season
That 100th prospect? Whoever the Oakland Raiders take with their first round pick, of course.
I'll keep all of you posted on any special deals or incentives Comcast may be offering to readers of SB Nation or The Falcoholic, but in the meantime, talk Red Zone channel, the Falcons' red zone performance or anything related to the warming glow of good ol' television. Or call me a sellout. I can use these wads of cash as earplugs.