The Burner doin' his thang. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)
Knock out, drag out fight. That'd about sum it up right. Like every NFC South division game (unless the Panthers are involved...), the Falcons had to win it in the last few minutes of the game with some great defense. A win is a win, they say, but it's still all about the little things.
- Matt Ryan solid, 67% pass completion, 235 yards, 1 TD, and no interceptions. I'll take it.
- Michael Turner over 100 yards on 24 rushes. Turner Burninate!
- Michael Palmer!
- Our defense, at least at times, especially on that fourth quarter, last minute, fourth down and two stand. That play saved the game.
- Babineaux-Biermann INT team. Biermann lays it up, Babs takes it out of the air.
- Brent Grimes for the other INT.
- Matt Bryant, for continuing not to look like Elam in 09.
- Grimes on a couple of plays.
- Dunta Robinson, who whiffed so large on one play it resulted in a 55 yard Buc touchdown.
- The refs. Am I right? Yes. Yes I am.
- The offense after the third quarter. Gifted a call on an onside kick and a Grimes interception and we go three and out. Not cool.
Our special teams coverage. I honestly have not seen that bad a performance in three years. That better get addressed on this, our shortest week in a long time. Falcons have to face the Ravens in...jeez, four days.