And now that I can peek my head up from underneath the cloud of "busy" covering my noggin, I can give you my observations on what was certainly both a heart-wrenching and heart-lifting game Sunday.
- Roddy making very athletic grabs. Definitely in his pique.
- Turner very effective on the RB dump/screen.
- It was very important for Falcons to answer 49er’s punt-block-TD with a long scoring drive. That illustrated that this team is not shaken by the unexpected.
- Defense very ball swarmy, very effective in backfield. They're fast and hungry for plays.
- Eric Weems is a dynamite returner. I really want to see him break one for six.
- Lofton is fantastic. 'nough said.
- Roddy White refuses to lose, even if that means he has to play DB every once and a while.
- Forget every negative thing I’ve ever said about Matt Bryant.
- Blame D-Rob for the first 49er TD. He knew he needed to turn his head to watch for the ball. He didn't. That "spot-of-the-foul" mistake cost the team some major momentum.
- There was a huge non-call on the blocked punt/TD: two players plowed right through Koenen.
- Also, many many offsides calls were missed in the Falcons' first drive of the game. It was obvious the snap count was known by the Niner defense.
- Tipped interception by Spikes and Spencer was caused by a zippy ball, as I call them. Ryan needed more loft on the pass to get it to where Gonzo and Gonzo alone could catch it.
- Jim Mora Jr. should not be calling Falcons games. He’s entirely too biased to make a fair call.