Jaxon here with Cat Scratch Reader welcoming your questions as we get ready to rumble in the A-T-L. Though we may have a 2-game lead on the Falcons this is still a huge divisional game because we have to keep pace with the Bucs. There's still plenty of football left and nothing is decided except that the Panthers will finish at least 8-8 (thats the John Fox in me coming out).
A few questions have been answered since our first meeting in the Queen City:
- DE Julius Peppers is definitely back to his old form. He added two more sacks to his total and is now 6th in the NFL. He added another forced fumble and now leads the NFL with 5. He should once again be the center of your pass protection planning.
- The Smash-n-Dash RB combo of DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart has developed into everything we had hoped leading up to the season. Williams in particular has developed into a complete back who is actually a good #2 RB in fantasy. The Falcons had trouble with the Panthers running game in the first one so expect more of the same.
- The Panthers special teams have turned things around and are no longer a liability. They are getting good kick coverage, no blocked punts and return man Mark Jones has broke some nice run backs (though no TD's yet)
The Panthers are not without their concerns:
- QB Jake Delhomme has struggled with his accuracy against lesser secondaries the last two weeks. It has made the running game that more important
- The rushing defense has also slipped the past two weeks, allowing the Raiders and the Lions RB's (Fargas & K. Smith) 4.0+ yards per carry.
Thought I'd throw in a little reminder from the 1st game:
Any questions or it a no-brainer?